Welcome -> Log In -> Confirm Info -> Overview -> Create/Join Group -> Confirm Group -> Housing Preferences -> Confirm Preferences -> Finish
Welcome to Housing Lottery!
You have reached the Department of Residence Life's web site that will guide you through the process of choosing a place to live for the 2015-2016 academic year. We hope you will enjoy our on-line process and we welcome your feedback on it. Please note the help button near the top right corner of this page. You can read the answers to our Frequently Asked Questions there.
What is Housing Lottery? Housing Lottery is the process by which our rising sophomore, junior and senior students select living spaces for the next academic year, choose a meal plan (required for residence hall occupants) and sign their 2015-2016 housing contract. Students are required to reside in Wittenberg housing the entire time they are enrolled at Witt. Typically, that means students with fewer than 60 credit hours must live in a residence hall; students with over 60 credit hours may choose to live in a Witt student rental property.
The goal of the Housing Lottery is to help Wittenberg students, individually or in roommate groups, to identify the living places that best suit them and establish a rank-order list of preferences to be used when housing assignments are made in random order in late March and early April.
The renewal process for Student Rental Properties will again be on-line this year. The site opens on Friday, February 14 and renewal assignments are finalized on Monday, March 3.
The following are important dates this year:
- February 11 & 12 - Student Rental Lottery Information Sessions (attend one)
- February 14 - Renewal process for student rental properties begins/website opens
- February 25 & 27 - Residence Hall Lottery Information Sessions (attend one)
- March 3 - Renewal assignments finalized/contracts signed
- March 17 - Regular housing lottery begins/website opens
- March 23 - House Tours for 1, 4 and 5 bedroom units
- March 25 - 5 bedroom units assigned 8 a.m.
- March 27 - 4 bedroom units assigned 8 a.m.
- March 30 - House Tours for 2 and 3 bedroom units
- April 1 - 3 bedroom units assigned 8 a.m.
- April 3 - 1 and 2 bedroom units assigned 8 a.m.
- April 7 - Residence hall singles, triples and quads assigned 8 a.m.
- April 10 - Residence hall double rooms assigned 8 a.m.
If you have any questions about the process that are not answered in the FAQ section at the top of this page (Need Help? Click here!), or if you want to set up an appointment to speak with someone, please contact us at 937-327-7800.
The Wittenberg University Office of Residence Life